Effective Date September 3, 2008
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Table of Contents
Personal Information Ventura Foods Collects
Collection of Personal Information through the Site. "Personal Information" is any information that can be used to identify a specific person. The types of Personal Information we collect through our Sites will vary depending on the activity involved, but may include: first and last name, address, e-mail address, phone number. We do not require that you provide Personal Information to obtain access to public parts of the Sites, however, some areas of the Sites may ask you to submit Personal Information in order for you to benefit from specific features or to participate in a particular activity. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you:
- register on the Site;
- subscribe to a newsletter or other communications, whether by e-mail or other method;
- send questions or comments to us;
- "sign" one of our guest books and participate on message boards; or
- participate in sweepstakes, events, or other promotional events (collectively, "Promotions") offered through the Site.
You can always choose not to provide us with your Personal Information but you may not be able to participate those Sites’ features that are conditioned upon collecting Personal Information.
If you send a friend a communication from the Site, we will use the information you provide on a one-time basis to facilitate the communication and will not use it for any other marketing purpose, unless we obtain additional consent.
Collection of Usage Information through the Site
We may passively collect certain non personal information about you on our Sites, such as how you use the Sites or which pages you view (collectively, "Usage Information"). We may utilize such Usage Information for many purposes, including to customize the Site based on your preferences, compile and analyze statistics and trends including the number of Site visitors, and otherwise administer and improve the Site. When we associate Usage Information with your Personal Information, we will treat that information as Personal Information. We may utilize various technologies that may collect Usage, including those described as follows:
- IP Addresses. An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer when you are using the Internet. When you view pages on this Site, our servers may record your IP address. We may use IP address records for a number of purposes, such as system administration, to report aggregate information to our business partners or to audit the use of the Site. We may associate your IP address with the Personal Information you provide in which case we will treat it as Personal Information.
- Web Beacons. The Sites’ pages and any communications sent by the Site, including newsletters, may contain a small graphic image or other web programming code called a web beacon. Web beacons can be very small or invisible to the user, although any image or other component viewed as part of a web page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. We may use web beacons to count visitors to our Site or to monitor how visitors navigate our Site, and we may include web beacons in communications sent from the Site in order to count how many messages we sent were actually opened or acted upon, among other purposes.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our web server or a third party we with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deleted thereafter.
How Ventura Foods Uses Personal Information
Ventura Foods may retain and use your Personal Information for many purposes, including:
- to send newsletters and other communications for which you have subscribed or otherwise agreed to receive;
- provide you with services or fulfill transactions that you have requested;
- send you offers or promotional materials on behalf of Ventura Foods or third parties;
- communicate with you regarding information, features or offers that we believe will be of interest to you;
- contact you regarding a Promotion in which you have participated;
- respond to your questions or other requests;
- to improve or customize the Site and its content, features and services;
- allow you to access specific sections of Site for which you have registered;
- for other business purposes or for other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Information;
- send you e-mail communications or otherwise contact you regarding your job search; and
- facilitate your job search and prepare governmental and internal statistics reports.
As part of our routine record keeping practices, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Site. We have no obligation to store such Personal Information and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. You should also be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
Ventura Foods Information Sharing Practices
Ventura Foods may share non-personally identifiable information, including aggregated statistics and Usage Information that is not associated with Personal Information, with third parties. Ventura Foods may share Personal Information and Usage Information (collectively, "Information") with third parties or nonaffiliated companies as follows:
- Service Providers. We may share Information with outside parties who work on our behalf to support our business needs or to provide a product or service for you on our behalf. Such parties may host our Sites, send e-mail newsletters and/or other communications, clear and process credit card payments, or perform other administrative services.
- Sale/Reorganization. We reserve the right to disclose and transfer Information about you and you consent to such disclosure and transfer of Information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator any of the Sites, including any applicable databases; and/or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, reorganization, issuance of securities, the sale of substantially all of Ventura Foods' stock and/or assets or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
- Promotions. When you sign-up for a Promotion offered on the Site, we may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law, such as on a winners' list. When you enter a Promotion, you must agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including without limitation, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion.
- EEOC/Affirmative Action Reporting. When applying for employment on a Site, we may ask you to provide us with self-identifying information (such as veteran status, gender and ethnicity) in conjunction with laws and regulations enforced by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”), the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (“OFCCP”) and similar state and local regulatory agencies. Providing such self-identifying information is voluntary, but if you do provide us with such information, we may submit that information, to the EEOC, the OFCCP and similar state and local regulatory agencies for business-related purposes, including, but not limited to responding to information requests, fulfilling regulatory reporting requirements and defending against employment related complaints.
- Links to Third Party Websites. Our Sites may contain links to third party web sites ("Third Party Sites") that we do not control or maintain. For example, you may encounter links from sponsors or partners, which may include Ventura Foods' logo or other identifying marks as part of a co-branding arrangement. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any Third Party Site. We encourage you to note when you leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of all Third Party Sites before submitting any Personal Information.
- Data Security. While we have taken steps to protect the Personal Information we collect from you on the Site, you should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure. In particular, unencrypted e-mail and web traffic are subject to potential interception by unauthorized third parties. Likewise, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose to us, or that which we process or store. Accordingly, you disclose your Personal Information at your own risk. Please consider this when you choose the information, if any, you wish to transmit to the Sites.
- Note to Parents. This is a general audience site and does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children younger than 13 years of age ("Child"). If you are a Child younger than 13 years of age, please do not send any information about yourself to us. If we are become aware that a Child has submitted Personal Information to the Site, we will delete that Child's Personal Information.
- Consent to Transfer Outside United States. The Site is operated in the United States and intended for residents of the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, be aware that Information we collect will be transferred to the United States. By using the Site, accessing the Site or providing your Information to the Site or Ventura Foods, you consent to this transfer.